Hey, 7th Graders!
I wanted to give you some helpful hints to better assist you in your daily learning!
- Once you know your Clever login, start THERE!
- Clever has EVERYTHING you're going to need for your classes, PLUS all the apps like Study Island, Canvas, Mastery Connect, etc., are ALREADY LINKED to your Clever Login ID, so it's a no-brainer!
- Canvas is where you will find EACH of your subject areas all lumped together. This is your VIRTUAL CLASSROOM; login to it EVERYDAY!
- Different classes will use different apps in addition to Canvas to further help you become an exceptional learner. PAY ATTENTION TO THESE. They are worth GRADES NOW!!!
- But, the cool thing is, if more than one class is using the same app like Study Island, then all your classes will be lumped together under your account!
- Here's the biggest take-away: DO YOUR WORK EVERYDAY! Don't let it pile up on you. Don't procrastinate (put it off) until the last minute. Tackle all your classes each day. While it looks like a lot at first, I believe you will find it easier than you thought. In fact, many of you will discover that you'll have time to actually work ahead in your classes.
- When you're on Zoom, act right and look right! It is school, so keep that in mind PLEASE. Also, TRY NOT TO EAT while in a meeting. Really, just be respectful.
- ALL THE GRADES COUNT! It's for real, y'all!
- Don't panic! If you're having a hard time with the technology, apps, websites, classwork, or subject matter, ASK FOR HELP!
Finally, STAY POSITIVE, PATIENT, and PRODUCTIVE! We teachers are working really hard for y'all, but we're learning, too. We really want to meet of all you in person, so let's hope this pandemic resolves soon!
Dr. Cunningham shared this with me, and I wanted to share this with you:
"Stay focused. BELIEVE that you can ACHIEVE at the HIGHEST levels. Surround yourself with others who BELIEVE IN YOU. Do NOT STRAY from your GOALS."
- Zach Ertz
7th Graders, let's have an AMAZING year!!!